Do you want to help change the lives of women caught up in addiction?
We are recruiting staff for our specialist female-only residential rehabilitation service set in 2 acres of farmland near Ipswich, Suffolk. The service is due to welcome women this year and will provide life-changing person-centred support through a purpose-built, therapeutic community. You will be part of a small team that will be instrumental in the planning, team-creation and delivery of the service. This is a rare opportunity to help create a state-of- the-art residential rehabilitation service from the ground up.
We are looking for the following staff
REHABILITATION CENTRE MANAGER £28-32k (see below)
REHABILITATION CENTRE MANAGER £28-32k (application deadline 21st April 2017)
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR REHABILITATION CENTRE MANAGER
Role Summary: The post holder will be responsible to the Project Director and Trustees for the effective management of all aspects of the TK Community at Witnesham in line with agreed objectives, ensuring that high standards of care are delivered and maintained. The post holder will oversee delivery of the therapeutic programme, from admission through to further steps in the journey to full rehabilitation on leaving the Community. This will include responsibility for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care needs and quality assurance for the programme. This will be done in collaboration with other professionals and agencies. The post holder will be responsible for the staff team, management of premises and facilities and the structuring of each client’s programme to seek a positive and successful outcome to their stay in the Community. The post holder will have a personal commitment to ensure that the Christian ethos of the Community is maintained and supported.
Salary: £28-32k per annum
Hours of work: 37½ hours per week between 8 and 6pm Monday-Friday, but will be required to work out of normal hours as the job requires and to be on call for emergencies. No premium payments will be made, but reasonable time off in lieu will be agreed.
Responsible to: Project Director
1. Programme Delivery
- Work always within the policies, procedures and guidelines set down by the Trustees and other professional bodies.
- Oversee the daily activities of the Community, within the agreed therapeutic programme.
- Make arrangements for and liaising with professionals internally and externally to attend and deliver course modules and to interact with clients on a one to one basis.
- Ensure that full records are maintained for all therapeutic interventions.
- Overseeing the drawing up of agreed Recovery Plans for each client and facilitating the successful achievement of these goals.
- Build strong relationships and good communications with referral agencies and local primary care services under the guidance of the Project Director.
- Personal delivery of aspects of the agreed therapeutic programme including group therapy and counselling in drugs and alcohol rehabilitation
- Take responsibility for managing adverse incidents, ensuring that these are recorded and processed in accordance with TK policies and procedures.
- Facilitate the spiritual dimension of recovery, being sensitive to women’s needs (seeking support from the Chaplain and others as needed).
- Work with others to establish mentoring and follow-up for all clients leaving the Community.
2. Management of Community Life
- Manage expenditure within the agreed budget, authorising payments and sanctioning expenditure within resources available and TK procedures.
- Draw up staff rotas, agreeing cover and calling in staff as necessary to cover absences.
- Ensure effective housekeeping arrangements are in place so that food, drink, toiletries, cleaning materials and other domestic supplies are available at all times.
- Agree and manage the weekly Community timetable, including weekend activities and any external visits.
- Facilitate prayers and spiritual devotions for staff and residents who may wish to participate on a voluntary basis.
- Appoint staff in accordance with the agreed staffing plan, in conjunction with the Project Director.
- Effective management of staff and volunteers.
- Uphold the ethos and ethics of the TK Community.
- Monitor and ensure that standards of care are maintained, by all staff, volunteers and visitors.
- Consult with Project Director on any staff issues arising relating to competence, poor attendance, disciplinary breaches etc. and take action as necessary.
4. Admission and Discharge
- Follow the admission criteria and assessment procedures and ensuring these are implemented effectively.
- Operation of agreed admissions processes, including liaison with Commissioning Agencies and other referring agencies or individuals.
- Arrange preliminary client visits.
- Ensure that accepted clients understand and complete the Client Agreement and are inducted fully into the life and routines of the Community.
- Plan and implement the generic discharge procedures and specific discharge arrangements for each individual client, (both planned and unplanned discharge).
- Ensure that appropriate drug and alcohol testing is performed when required.
- Ensure in liaison with the Administrator that full client records are kept securely, in accordance with agreed procedures, for all clients, from admission to leaving the Community.
- Ensure that records are kept in accordance with TK procedures and NDTMS requirements so that data can be provided in agreed formats to external sources.
- Respond to and investigate complaints regarding programme delivery or staff conduct.
- Ensure that drug and alcohol testing is performed and recorded in line with the Treatment
- Ensure that client medicines are managed effectively and safely including record keeping.
- Ensure that client feedback is regularly and effectively captured and reviewed.
- Use computer-based record keeping and appointments, and office management systems as required (e.g. Microsoft Office, Outlook).
- Effectively manage health and safety matters in relation to residential care services and risk management, and recognise any potential or actual abuse and safeguarding issues and act on these immediately.
This Job Description is not a definitive or exhaustive list of key responsibilities but identifies the key tasks of the post holder. The specific objectives/responsibilities of the role will be subject to review as part of the job evaluation process.
(Application deadline for the Rehabilitation Centre Manager post is Friday 21st April 2017)
- Have experience in delivering or working in successful rehab services in association with partner agencies?
- Have the vision and enthusiasm to play a role in creating a new residential rehabilitation service from scratch?
- Share an understanding of the complex issues facing women entering residential treatment and the empathy and communication skills to aid their recovery?
- Have relevant qualifications in recovery and treatment of those with addiction? (Manager and Senior Support worker)
- Have a passion for nurturing and developing working relationships with your co-workers?
- Share the focus on our values and mission as a charity with a strong Christian ethos?
If so, we will support you to:
- Be part of a team delivering an outstanding residential rehabilitation programme
- Realise your potential to play a significant role in transforming the lives of women with complex needs
- Build and participate in an effective and efficient team
- Access a range of personal and professional support services
- Benefit from the strong local community backing for the project
Working outside normal hours will be required for all staff and the Senior Support Worker and Support Workers will be part of a team delivering care 24/7.
To apply for support worker positions, please contact our office for an application form.